Thank you for your purchase! To view, just enter the following password (all upper-case letters and no spaces!): GREATSEASON and click ENTER.
The Mastery Approach to Coaching (MAC) is the only scientifically validated coaching-education program that has been shown to have desirable effects on youngsters’ personal, social, and athletic development. MAC focuses on teaching coaches how to create a mastery climate – a learning environment that emphasizes skill development, achieving personal and team success, giving maximum effort, and having fun.
MAC Content Outline, Part 1 (13 minutes)
- Sport psychology and its application to coaching young athletes
- The Mastery Approach to Coaching manual Program objective: teach coaches how to apply leadership principles that create a mastery climate for athletes
- Objectives of Youth Sports The role of coaches in achieving goals
- Youth sport objectives and their carry-over value
- Coaches’ influence on athletes’ total development
Orientation to the Psychology of Coaching
- Mastery model of coach-athlete interactions
- Interactive versus command styles of leadership
- A coaching challenge
PLEASE NOTE: This is the FIRST video of FIVE. The other videos can be found at:
For more information about these videos or the research behind them, please contact YESports via:
- Ricardo Contreras – email@example.com
- Frank Smoll – firstname.lastname@example.org