Thank you for your purchase!
Para ver este video en español, oprima aqui.
To view, just enter the following password (all lower-case letters, no spaces, and include the exclamation mark!) havefun! and click ENTER.
Mothers and fathers can learn to be successful sport parents by watching the Mastery Approach to Parenting in Sports (MAPS) – a research-based self-instruction video that is designed to get parents and coaches “on the same page.”
MAPS focuses on teaching parents how to create a mastery climate – a learning environment that emphasizes skill development, achieving personal and team success, giving maximum effort, and having fun.
MAPS Content Outline, Part 1
– The scope of youth sports in the U.S.A.
– Program objective: help parents create a mastery climate that promotes healthy attitudes about achievement in sports and in everyday life
• The Mastery Triangle
– A child-centered orientation that fosters cooperation among parents, coaches, administrators, and sport officials
• Youth Sport Objectives and Values
– Goals of youth sports from the perspectives of parents and young athletes
– Difference between developmental and professional models of sport
– Professionalization” of youth sports
PLEASE NOTE: You have received access to three extra videos FREE OF CHARGE. The remaining videos can be found here and are accessible using the same password:
MAPS – Video 2
MAPS – Video 3
MAPS – Video 4
To share these videos with friends and family, just ask them to visit y-e-sports.org
For more information about these videos or the research behind them, please contact YESports at:
Ricardo Contreras – firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Smoll – email@example.com